Views
Helpful
Replies

Subnet

dacruzer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but I have been troubleshooting this issue for the last two days.  The issue is that the we are having an issue connecting to a website www.ccsd.net, just this webite, so far...  When we try to access it from inside our network it would take about 10 - 15 minutes to load the page and sometimes it does not load at all.  But accessing this website outside our network it loads very fast.  What I did notice is that we have one subnet (public) inside our network, xx.xx.64.0/24, that seems to have no issue loading the webpage.  All our IP are public ips and all except for that one subnet has issue loading that website.  It is so weird.  I've tried everyting from achngeing the ip of my PC from one that does not work and changing it to the 64 subnet and it would load with no problem.

If anyone has had to deal with this issue, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Alfred

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alfred,

Is the subnet you are having issue with public or private?

Also, is that also a /24 subnet?

Are you having problem with only one host in that subnet or the entire subnet?

Check to see if you have duplicate IP somewhere in your network

Reza

HI Reza,

Is the subnet you are having issue with public or private?  it is public

Also, is that also a /24 subnet? yes, it is a 24 subnet

Are you having problem with only one host in that subnet or the entire subnet? no, the entire subnet

Check to see if you have duplicate IP somewhere in your network I have checked and there are no duplicate IP addresses

20.20.20.0/24 subnet is private or public?

leesutcliffe
Level 1
Level 1

Could also be a DNS issue..

Within your organisation are you authoritative for the domain?

What IP address does the site have when you try to resolve he IP internally, and what does it have externally?

You may want to check if you are blacklisted.

You may want to check if you are blacklisted.

dacruzer1
Level 1
Level 1

I want ot say "THANKS" to everyone who posted possible solutions to my issue.  It has been fixed, I have been on the phone with CenturyLink (ISP) almost everyday and I'm sure it was a routing issue but they could not explain how it was resolved.  Go figure!!!

Thanks everyone!!

Alfred

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card