Helpful
Replies

Switch Upgraded to 15.2-1.E1 From 12.2-55 and switch is not operable

E145764OMS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need help if somebody has a solution for this problem

I have a batch of new Cisco 3750X. Open box, it load without problem, it coming with IOS 3750-eUniversal 12.2-55. I have an USB with the new code  c3750e-universalk9-mz.152-1.E1.bin  , copy code from USBFlash0: to flash. Them change the boot system to the new IOS, check the registry everything is ok.

Save memory, and reload the switch..

Now switch never comes up, it is on, there is noise, the led in SYS in on.

But nothing coming in the console.

If IOS is corrupted it will coming back on boot> prompt

Nothing waiting for long, long time and nothing. Turned of tunr back on and nothing

Somebody had the same issue?

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Somebody had the same issue?

I've got good news and some bad news for you ...

Good News:  When you upgraded the switch from 12.2(55)SE to 15.2(1)SE1 the new IOS will upgrade the Bootstrap.  Guess how long this'll take?  Approximately 35 to 45 minutes.  And your switch will sound like a Hoover vacuum cleaner or a Boeing 737 spooling up for take-off.  It's loud. 

My recommendation is to turn on the appliance and go have an early lunch.  By the time it comes back, it should be ready for you.

Bad News:  After the upgrade, I strongly recommend you DOWNGRADE your IOS (another bootstrap upgrade).  Use 12.2(55)SE8.  Avoid using 15.2(1)SE1 because the entire train is very buggy. 

Hope this  helps your issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: