Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We upgraded our 4510 from 3.2.1 to 3.4.2 over the weekend.  The switch slots are fully populated with dual supervisors and a mixture of PoE and non-PoE 48 port copper gigabit modules.  Now, all the unused ports have their link lights lit up in orange...

I want to extend my LAN by connecting a 2960 to my in place 4510. Can this be done as a simple daisy chain through one of the existing ports,(say Gi8/48) connected to an uplink port on the 2960? Or do I need to use the uplink port on the supervisor o...

Hi!stub is a area in which AS External LSAs are not flooded, in this case ABRs at the stub area use LSAs(network summary) to advertise a single defualt router(destination 0.0.0.0) into the area.In this case what is the function of defualt router? wha...

Hi,I scheduled a maintenance to upgrade our asr1006 router the other day. When I reloaded it after uploading the image it was down for about 7 minutes or so. It got me thinking. Could I have failed over the R1 then, reloaded R0 then, failed back to R...

Hello everyone. I managed to snag a great deal on a 2851 a few months back. Now I'm getting ready to setup my lab, and (thanks to Bryant and a couple of other sources) I've learned about terminal access servers. Since I am using the 2851 as my home r...

Hello,I just need a refresher here, I have  a few PC plugged in to a switch and when I do  show mac-address-table some ports are dynamic and some are static, why are some static?I have this configured on all ports: switchport mode access switchport p...

Here is a problem.I want to communicate between one OSPF and one EIGRP network.I enabled redistribution in the border routers.But they are unable to communicate Here is the link of the sample filehttp://www.mediafire.com/download/48g4cjpqdhtfhlz/redi...

Hello,I've had DHCP snooping running for a few days now a a remote site and can see the dhcp snooping database is populated.  I have turned on DAI for their vlan and added a filter list for static IPs for things like printers.  However I'm getting a ...