Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP bug in Catalyst2960+ ?

computerone1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I've discoverd a strange behaviour. Either it's a bug, or an urgent required upgrade of my knowledges.

C2960+ 24TC-L / 15.0(2) SE6

Here is the symptoms observed:

. If i try to export the startup config to a TFTP server located in a distinct vlan and subnet, the copy operates, and then the C2960+ management interface loses all further connectivity to this TFTP server (a reboot is reqired).

Do notice:. The C2960+ interface does not get down

. The 2960+ can still access any IP in any VLAN, except the TFTP server

. I've port-mirrored and wiresharked all over the topology, the C2960+ is the faulty one

. Everything is functioning OK when the TFTP server is in the same Vlan/Subnet that the C2960+

It's like at the end of the TFTP transfert, the C2960+ somehow decides that this particular TFTP server IP must be place in a strange black-hole route: No more packets sent by the C2960+, no arp request, no debug message, nothing ....

It's a layer2 switch, I can't list any routing datas.

Any thoughts about all this ?! :-)

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

sounds like a bug as a test does the same symptoms happen if you use FTP or SCP as a test to see if its isolated to TFTP  ?

Hi

Have you verified the reachability to the TFTP from other switch on the same vlan, is the TFTP a standalone server or is a computer connected to wifi or using wired? As Mark mentioned, is the same behavior with FTP or SCP? Have you tried other TFTP software?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card