cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Enthusiast

The mac address status is abnormal and cannot be clear on Cat9000 switch !

Hi all: We have met a problem on Cat9300 switch recently. The Catalyst 9300 as a access switch,and connect PC or IP Phone+PC.I find a symptom that is so strange,the mac address status from PC is shown 'static' by 'sho mac address-table ' command , and i didn't configure static mac address binding. A mac address will appear on another port and show 'static ' status after i disconnect the PC few hours.So it will make it PC cannot access the switch port next time.I must clear authen session on abnomal ports if i want to access. This issue happen on multiple ports. sw software version is 16.9.2. Here is the abnormal status: 'bbbb.xxxx.xxxx ' and 'bbbb.xxxx.xxxx ' are other PC's MAC address. 'aaaa.xxxx.xxxx ' is the PC which connect G1/0/1,and there is not other device on G1/0/1,only the PC 'aaaa.xxxx.xxxx '. interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 10 device-tracking attach-policy DT_Policy authentication event fail action authorize vlan 20 authentication host-mode multi-auth authentication open authentication order dot1x mab authentication port-control auto mab dot1x pae authenticator spanning-tree portfast Have you encountered such a problem? Is there a solution?
Everyone's tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Enthusiast

Re: The mac address status is abnormal and cannot be clear on Cat9000 switch !

Here is the abnormal status: 'bbbb.xxxx.xxxx ' and 'bbbb.xxxx.xxxx ' are other PC's MAC address. 'aaaa.xxxx.xxxx ' is the PC which connect G1/0/1,and there is not other device on G1/0/1,only the PC 'aaaa.xxxx.xxxx '.
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Upgrade to 16.9.4 and try again.
Enthusiast

Hi Leo, Thanks for your response. Please tell us what you think. Have you encountered this problem before? Why upgrade to 16.9.4? Thx & BR
Enthusiast

I also see release 16.9.3 is the suggested release on cisco software download page.
Cisco Employee

Kindly provide show run of the issue port. Also, I feel if you have authentication mac address will be shown as static. But need to check your configuration before concluding anything.

Enthusiast

There is the configuration of the issue port: interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1 switchport mode access switchport voice vlan 10 device-tracking attach-policy DT_Policy authentication event fail action authorize vlan 20 authentication host-mode multi-auth authentication open authentication order dot1x mab authentication port-control auto mab dot1x pae authenticator spanning-tree portfast i don't know why some mac address will appear on another port,even though this pc don't connect the port.For example , PC-A connect to g1/0/10,PC-B connect to g1/0/20, PC-A's mac will appear on g1/0/20 after PC-A disconnect the port few hours. Is this a bug about this symptom ?
Enthusiast

Sorry, this format is always confusing.
Replenish the configuration under the interface:
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 10
device-tracking attach-policy DT_Policy
authentication event fail action authorize vlan 20
authentication host-mode multi-auth
authentication open
authentication order dot1x mab
authentication port-control auto
mab
dot1x pae authenticator
spanning-tree portfast
Hall of Fame Community Legend

I don't recommend software based on a "star". I recommend software versions based on the number of bugs fixed.
Read the Release Notes of 16.9.4.

We also observe this behavior, Cisco C9300-48U running Cisco IOS Software [Fuji], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.9.4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) MAC adresses behind Phones and mab-ports (radius) are registered as static and do not vanish, even with "authentication periodic". Any suggestions?
Enthusiast

Maybe,you can try "authentication mac-move permit" command.
use the authentication mac-move permit global configuration command to enable MAC move on a switch.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad