Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic encryption

mdjan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I would like to interconnect to site via fiber optic en mode peer to peer. It is possible to encrypt all traffic on this link? which king of router/firewall we should use? And how to do traffic encryption without VPN?

THANKS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You could create a GRE tunnel with IPSEC. Take in consideration you must configure the MTU and TCP mss, in order to avoid inconveniences. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

You could create a GRE tunnel with IPSEC. Take in consideration you must configure the MTU and TCP mss, in order to avoid inconveniences. 

Hope it is useful

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thank for your reply

I already think about that idea at first but I was not sure if it was the good designing in this case which is a peer to peer connection.

Hi

Yes, it can be considered as part a good design, the following link can be useful:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/P2P_GRE_IPSec/P2P_GRE/2_p2pGRE_Phase2.html

Thank eduardomoi  

Hi,

It was a pleasure, have a great day.

In situations like these, I would go for MACsec where the switches do the link-encryption. This can achieve line-rate encryption where a firewall would need to be very good sized.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card