cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

troubleshooting

eslam.farag
Level 1
Level 1

which two tasks should you perform to begin troubleshooting a network problem?(choose two)

a. gather all facts

b. monitor and verify the resolution.

c. define the problem as a set of symptoms and causes.

d. analyze the results.

e. implement an action plan.

**if there is a reference it would be so appreciated  

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you accept responsibility when the instructor/professor gives you a low score/grade?

i'm asking for a reference for that topic to study it as i cant find anyone, i dont know what is your problem!

I have no "problem" with furnishing the answer.  I just want to make sure that our answer(s) may/could be completely different to what the instructor or professor have in mind.  

This forum are normally meant for people with "outside" or "out in the wild" experience and not experience based on a text book.  What happens outside a classroom is totally different.  Always.  

So if we, professional with outside experience, provide you with answer(s) the instructor/professor will not like, do not blame us. 

Moving forward, in regards to "references", have you tried Google?

Leo makes a good point. 

As an example to the question you asked here about troubleshooting, it really depends on the network problem but for most of the ones I troubleshoot the two things I do is - 

1) get a cup of coffee 

2) logon to the relevant network devices and start running some show commands 

honestly for a lot of network problems you really don't have time to define a set of causes, implement action plans etc. however good it sounds. 

But there is always time to make coffee :) 

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card