Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunking issues

lazmird
Level 1
Level 1

Trunk settingTrunk setting

Hey can somebody tell me what's wrong with my trunk setting and by the way I have the same settings on switch 2 as well but the traffic is not passing between the SW1 and SW2.

Thank you in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Better is to show running-config concerning the involved ports also check logs on both SW1 and SW2 when trunk connection is made , also issue 'show interface status gi0/1" ; check if the interface(s) is/are in trunking mode (or not).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Better is to show running-config concerning the involved ports also check logs on both SW1 and SW2 when trunk connection is made , also issue 'show interface status gi0/1" ; check if the interface(s) is/are in trunking mode (or not).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you

only allow VLAN1 in trunk 
some vlan must allow in trunk to make trunk probably. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card