Views
Helpful
Replies

Turning 877W into Wireless bridge.

andydenley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

As part of my master plan to build a comprehensive remote access Cisco lab for myself. I have been using my 877W as my main home router and its been working a treat. 

But now I am going am looking at putting my inital 802.11ac router back into my home network (the family is complaining that the 877w is slow) and was thinking about using the 877W as a wireless bridge to my Cisco lab and placing it in a rack that I can haul around the house and simply plug in. 

Is this possible to do with the 877W? Can I get it to join an existing 802.11g network and have it route traffic back and forth to my Nat'd network?

I am not concerned about the ADSL side of the 877W just the wireless and routing functions and also saver paying $50 for a wireless bridge and keep it all Cisco!

If anyone can point me in the right direction or if its not possible then thanks for the advice. 

Regards,

Andy

1 Reply 1

andydenley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

ok solved this myself. I was looking and found the correct term for this when you want to do the above. Its called "Universal Client Mode" which is documented here: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1800/wireless/configuration/guide/awg/s37rf.html#wp1134667

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card