Views
Helpful
Replies

Ubiquity WAP connectivity with cisco hardware

M_Roz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm new to this workforce and need your help to solve my problem.

I have CISCO Catalyst 3560G series PoE-48(SW1) connected with Catalyst 3560G series(SW2)

I set up 3 VLANs

VLAN 10 192.168.1.1,

VLAN 20 192.168.2.1,

VLAN 30 192.168.3.1 and set up L3 Routing, Etherchannel, and trunk ports between two switches. (I'm not used to trunk ports) Now I want to connect Unifi AP-AC-LR in this network and want to configure following SSIDs

SSID1 - 5GHz only, VLAN-150

SSID2 - 2.4&5GHz, VLAN-160

I have a Firewall that I didn't configure yet.

Now I want to connect my AP to this network but, the problem is, there are only two ports in Unifi AP (PoE and LAN).

so how can I connect this AP and what configuration I should do that my SSIDs can work properly?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you need to connect the Cisco to the Unifi with a trunk. I guess since the Cisco is a PoE device as well, you can use the PoE port on the Unifi. If your 3560 is doing the inter-Vlan routing, create the layer 3 SVIs for Vlan 150 and 160 on the 3560 as well. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

you need to connect the Cisco to the Unifi with a trunk. I guess since the Cisco is a PoE device as well, you can use the PoE port on the Unifi. If your 3560 is doing the inter-Vlan routing, create the layer 3 SVIs for Vlan 150 and 160 on the 3560 as well. 

Thank you for your help. My SSIDs are working.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card