Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade extreme switch firmware

shallugarg6343
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was trying to upgrade Extreme X440-8t from summitX450-15.5.3.4.xos to summitX-16.2.4.5-patch1-3.xos

Reason of upgrade is to enable SSH on the extreme and to disable the telnet.

So, we have a FTP server and i can ping that FTP from the switch and while i run the command to upgrade, i get the below error.

GCI-WILMINGTON-EXTREME.34 # download image 1.2.3.4 summitX-16.2.4.5-patch1-3.xos vr VR-Default secondary
Do you want to install image after downloading? (y - yes, n - no, <cr> - cancel) Yes

Downloading to SwitchError: Failed to download image - tftp: timeout

Please suggest what am i missing here. Is it the low memory space on the switch or something else. Do not know how to delete the current firmware on the switch to free some memory.

file attached

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum -- This is not the Extreme Network forum.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.extremenetworks.com/home

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

hard to say. Do you have basic IP connectivity to the TFTP server ? Which TFTP server software are you using ?

The thread linked below has some suggestions:

https://community.extremenetworks.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=d7aa51a8-d73a-4f4f-9a4a-6430ca227f98&CommunityKey=929e6d1f-141a-4b6d-b66e-7ebfd2f3f952&tab=digestviewer#bmd7aa51a8-d73a-4f4f-9a4a-6430ca227f98

- Adding a good place to start is to have a look at the tftp server's logs

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card