Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading C6807 2T SUPs from 15.2(1)SY7 to 15.5(1)SY10

atsukane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've been tasked with upgrading a VSS pair of C6807 2T SUPs from 15.2(1)SY7 to 15.5(1)SY10, the rommon version is V12.2(50r)SYS3.

I've upgraded another VSS pair from 15.5(1)SY8 to 15.5(1)SY10 in a different datacentre without upgrading the rommon.

Our support firm is telling me that we should upgrade the rommon version, though I can't fins a doc stating that, and I can't find any doc on how to upgrade rommon. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

For the IOS upgrade, I'll be following the steps below:

1. Save a copy of config, show ip int brie, show int status, show ip route, sh switch virual redundancy, and sh ver.
  2. Copy the new image to all 4 SUPs
  3. Change boot image to the new one, and remove the previous/current boot image, and re-add it as the secondary  boot choice. 
  4. Ensure config-register is 0x2102
  5. Save config and wait enough time for the config to synched over to standby unit.
  6. Issue "redundancy reload peer"
  7. Once the switch comes back up and all modules are up, issue "redundancy force-switchover" on all 4 SUPs.
  8. Check all SUPs running the new version by issuing “show switch virtual redundancy”
  9. Save config, and check the current configuration against the saved files.

As I did not hit FPGA issues previously assume we should be OK, but I have my colleagues at the datacentre in case of any issues.

Many thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have 6840 and Sup2T on 15.5(1)SY10 and I have never upgraded the ROMMON.  

Anyone wants to debate with me on that send them my way.  Make sure they show "proof" because I most definitely will!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@atsukane wrote:
Our support firm is telling me that we should upgrade the rommon version, though I can't fins a doc stating that, and I can't find any doc on how to upgrade rommon. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

If the Supervisor card can run 15.5(1)SY7 then it can load 15.5(1)SY10.  PERIOD.  

@atsukane wrote:
As I did not hit FPGA issues previously assume we should be OK, but I have my colleagues at the datacentre in case of any issues.

I agree with this assumption.

atsukane
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks @Leo Laohoo So, I don't have to worry about the rommon? That's great news, as I've never upgraded rommon

Thanks again.

I have 6840 and Sup2T on 15.5(1)SY10 and I have never upgraded the ROMMON.  

Anyone wants to debate with me on that send them my way.  Make sure they show "proof" because I most definitely will!

hahaha, i have to mark this as solution then!

Thanks again Leo.

Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

cheers, you too.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card