cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPC not coming up with Bundle on XRv

Anuj Singhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All I am setting up ioxrv connection with nxos9000v with vpc on nexus side and bundle interfaces on xr side but they are not coming up.Topology.PNG

Connection from both Nexus to Router-1 is under vpc 1 and connection from both Nexus to Router-2 is under vpc 2. Both the nexus are not receiving LACP PDU from routers, even though I have setup lacp system priority as 1 on router side and 4000 on nexus side.

Can you tell me fault here?

9 Replies 9

mattjones03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to output the sanitised configuration?

I tried to form a bundle between the two routers so as to check if I am missing anything on the vpc/bundle configuration between nexus and xr, but even my bundle between the routers are coming up

RP/0/0/CPU0:Router-A-2#show run int gigabitEthernet 0/0/0/0
Sat May 19 12:54:27.398 UTC
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/0
bundle id 10 mode on
cdp
!

RP/0/0/CPU0:Router-A-2#show run int gigabitEthernet 0/0/0/1
Sat May 19 12:54:31.528 UTC
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/1
bundle id 10 mode on

RP/0/0/CPU0:Router-A-2#show run int be10
Sat May 19 12:59:32.527 UTC
interface Bundle-Ether10
bundle maximum-active links 3
bundle minimum-active links 2
load-interval 30

========================

The config on other router is exactly the same. I couldn't paste it as it got into auto boot loop.

my individual status are up but the BE interfaces on both routers are showing down

RP/0/0/CPU0:Router-A-2#show int be10
Sat May 19 12:58:02.113 UTC
Bundle-Ether10 is down, line protocol is down

Just a note here, I have tried the config with mode active as well but the result was same.

hi Matt,

did you manage to look at the configs?

Hello,

on a side note, unless something has changed very recently, VPCs didn't use to be supported on XRv and NXOSv...

My vpc is up between the nexus, but when I formed it between the nxos and the lags are not coming up on either side. Moreover why the bundle is not coming up between the XR's? Did you check the configuration I pasted in my last reply and found something missing?

Hello,

what I meant was: LAGs between IOSXR and NX-OSv are not supported, unless something has changed very recently.

I looked at your configs, they look fine.

so the config I pasted is for the bundle between the xrv routers and the bundle is still not coming up. What could be the reason here? Do I need to run lacp between them and is there any specific command for that?

Not sure if it will ever work and is supported on the XRv9k and NX-OSv9k images, however I have noticed that you are running LACP active on the XR bundle interface while the NX-OS interface is using a static bundle.

Either change the mode to on for the XR side or enable feature lacp and set the appropriate mode on the NX-OS side.

Remember to reflect any changes on the NX-OS to the vPC peer to avoid inconsistencies.

I have tried with active and on mode on both side but it doesn't work. nxos9v supports lacp and its working with other devices (i have checked with ios-xe devices). However its only not working with XR platforms and I have read that bundle doesn't support on xrv, it might work on iosxr9000v (but you need to have heavy machine to run iosxr9000v :( unfortunately)).

I guess one can't check bundle and its related functionality (mc-lag,vpls) on lab.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card