cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN tunnel for multiple customer backups

abefroman80
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to securely establish a VPN tunnel that will connect multiple customers to a customer dedicated NAS located at my office (1 per customer) . The purpose is secure off site data backups.   

I'd also like access to the various customer networks for remote maintenance from my office PC. 

Based on my research,  I'll have to install a VPN router at the customer's site and configure the VPN connection.   At my office end is where I'm questioning my logic.   

To isolate the customer networks from each other,  is a dedicated router at my office for each customer  or VLAN the most appropriate.   The NAS I plan to use has VPN capabilities,  so I'm thinking that a VLAN might be the most cost efficient.   

The idea is that each NAS would be always connected and available on the customer's network. 

The router I plan to install at the customer's site is the RV320k.

What am I not considering or over simplifying? 

1 Reply 1

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi abefroman80, 

Looks like you are on the right track,  as an advice , you can create multiples crypto maps on your side ( one per customer) and restrict the access  with the ACL. 

Also if you want extra security on the customer side , you can replace the RV320 for ASAs 5505 or 5506. 

Hope it helps

-Randy-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card