cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What NEMA type is this Cat 9K power cord C9K-PWR-CAB-AC-US

jheesen123
Level 1
Level 1

This power cord is for the 1900-watt power supply for a Cat 9300.   I know these PS's can run on 120v but wondering which power cord would plug into a NEMA 15-5p or 20-5p outlet.

Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches Hardware Installation Guide - Technical Specifications [Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches] - Cisco

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Understand you asking the question. Seems the information regarding the specs for these power cords are not readily available. Although I can't speak to the specifics of the C9K-PWR-CAB-AC-US, it's rated for 250VAC which would not be the type receptacle you want to use. I also can't find the specific information for the C9K-CAB-US520PC21, but it's compatible with the 1900W PS,  The designation in the part number indicates it will plug into a 5-20 receptacle (not a 5-15). This would be only 120VAC, so the PS would do 1500W and not the full 1900W.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Understand you asking the question. Seems the information regarding the specs for these power cords are not readily available. Although I can't speak to the specifics of the C9K-PWR-CAB-AC-US, it's rated for 250VAC which would not be the type receptacle you want to use. I also can't find the specific information for the C9K-CAB-US520PC21, but it's compatible with the 1900W PS,  The designation in the part number indicates it will plug into a 5-20 receptacle (not a 5-15). This would be only 120VAC, so the PS would do 1500W and not the full 1900W.

Hope this helps.

Thanks..  Yep that 520 in the part number makes since.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card