When i configre cisco switch 3850 to access web GUI, i got problem

bhvwfj71
Level 1
Level 1

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Try another browser  , check if that can help.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

make sure you have:

ip hhtp server

ip http secure-server

configured for HTTP and HTTPS access, respectively.

Also, check if the device from which you are trying to access the GUI does not block HTTPS through its firewall...

pieterh
VIP
VIP

the message means that your browser security settings are incompatible with the http(s) server settings on the device,

there can be several reasons for this to happen

If you use a enterprise-controlled client (domain members), the browser settings imposed by your IT-department (group-policy, GPO) may be too strict to match this device's settings

using non-enterprise controller browser like marce1000 suggests may help, because you have more control over those settings

on the other hand, also  the default security settings of non-enterprise controlled browsers (on stand-alone computers) have changed in time
TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 - Chrome Platform Status (chromestatus.com)

Het TLS 1.0-probleem oplossen - Security documentation | Microsoft Docs

Removing Old Versions of TLS - Mozilla Security Blog

-> you may need an older browser version

other option is to look into the switches configuration and software version

you may need to 

- use create new SSL key, with bitsize larger than default

- disable TLS v1.0 and v1.1

- replace the default self-signed certificate by a new with more sofisticated cryptography

- otherwise modify the ciphers used in negotiation between client and switch

- in the end you may even need to upgrade the switches firmware version to a version that supports a matching cipher-suite

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card