Views
Helpful
Replies

Wired Guest access on WLC --> %SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF:

patrick.lier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a special config setup to use a adjustable disclaimer. We have a switched environment with a few 3750 switches and to add a special designed disclaimer, we use the Wired Guest access feature with Web-passthrough on a 4404. Unfortunately we always receive messages like "%SW_MATM-4-MACFLAP_NOTIF: Host 7cc5.3710.d875 in vlan 40 is flapping between port Gi1/0/8 and port Gi1/0/5". The WLC is just responsible for the disclaimer, so no AP is associated to that WLC. Of course, the MAC address of the devices is stored in the Authentication DB of the WLC and the MAC address table of the switches. I think for that we receive those messages.

The trunk config to the WLC looks as follows:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8

description *** Trunk to wlc1_L0.117 ***

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

srr-queue bandwidth share 10 10 60 20

queue-set 2

priority-queue out

mls qos trust dscp

auto qos voip trust

Is there anybody, who knows that problem too or has perhaps any idea how to solve it. I am really not sure, but it looks like the network is running stable and without any interrupts......but I would like to be sure, that there is no possible issue with that.

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

Patrick

1 Reply 1

Looks like you have a stp loop, this is due to stp forwarding on all ports,

check your switches on the trunking links which forward vlan 40 at least one port should be in a blocking state

sh spanning tree vlan 40

sh spanining tree
sh int trunk

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card