Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3750E-24TD

parmodg85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have C3750E switch, and it is in stack. I am managing both the switches with management interface fa0, which is for Master switch in stack. But while I check for management interface for Slave switch using show int des, I dont see any interface for that.

My query is, what would be the status of management interface of slave switch in case of stack, when I do have have slave switch is also connected with same core switch as Master switch. It would be disabled or down, or it will not be shown in config.

Thanks

Parmod

1 Reply 1

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Pramod,

Regarding your query:

My query is, what would be the status of management interface of slave switch in case of stack, when I do have have slave switch is also connected with same core switch as Master switch. It would be disabled or down, or it will not be shown in config. - On slave switch it will be disabled and will not show in the configuration. You may check the configuration guide:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swint.html#wp1730167

Although it doesn't specifically answer your query but my as per my understanding fa0/management port will be available on master switch only.

HTH.

Regards,
RS.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card