Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C3850-24T-S Stacking and Software Upgrade Steps

Hi,

1) I'm having a two Cisco WS-C3850-24T-S Data IP Base Switch in my environment having IOS Type S3850UK9-166 - UNIVERSAL, i need to know How can i do stacking between these two switches using 50CM Type 1 Stacking Cable.

Should i have to do some configuration after connecting stacking cable between these switches or its just plug and play thing.

2) Also need to know the software upgradation steps for switch having IOS version S3850UK9-166 - UNIVERSAL through TFTP Server.

Regards,

Vishal

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Netplace Support wrote:

1) I'm having a two Cisco WS-C3850-24T-S Data IP Base Switch in my environment having IOS Type S3850UK9-166 - UNIVERSAL, i need to know How can i do stacking between these two switches using 50CM Type 1 Stacking Cable.

Read "Data Stack Cabling Configurations".

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply, Could you please let me know is it  IOS s3850uk9-166 and IOS XE Everest 16.6.x both are Same?

If yes then as per One of the Cisco Configuration guide says IOS XE Everest 16.6.x supports virtual stack. Pls find below link for same and help me to be more clear on this topic

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/16-6/configuration_guide/b_166_stck_mgr_ha_3850/b_166_stck_mgr_ha_3850_chapter_010.html#concept_e4r_xmv_py

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Vishal

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Netplace Support wrote:

2) Also need to know the software upgradate (sic) steps for switch having IOS version S3850UK9-166 - UNIVERSAL through TFTP Server.

Depends on which exact version you want to go to we recommend you read the Release Notes because it has detailed steps on how to upgrade the firmware of the stack. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card