Views
Helpful
Replies

AD-HOC MCU - SCHEDULED MCU

CGL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

We are looking at converting our AD-HOC MCU into a Scheduled MCU as our clients have never used the AD-HOC MCU. 

The current setup is like this - 

TMS x1 

VCS - C x1

VCS - E x2 

Telepresence Conductor x 1 

MCU 5320 x 3 (1x Ad-hoc, 2x Scheduled) 

I believe it is as simple as changing the MCU from the AD-Hoc pool over to the scheduled pool and notifying the end user.  

I have gone over the LLD and can't see any other changes that could affect this. 

Was hoping to get some advice from the Cisco community on anything I may have missed. 

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, changing the MCU from one Pool to another in Conductor is relatively simple.

See the Admin Guide, Page 53, for details on how to move 

Another thing you may want to consider is migrating your MCUs to TelePresence Servers which can give you better resource utilisation - there are some other things to consider around this depending on your usage, see TelePresence Server vs MCU.  Doing so however may depend on what your relationship is like with your local Cisco Account Manager as the platform is End of Sale, you can't purchase the required migration any more, but may be able to get access via back channels.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, changing the MCU from one Pool to another in Conductor is relatively simple.

See the Admin Guide, Page 53, for details on how to move 

Another thing you may want to consider is migrating your MCUs to TelePresence Servers which can give you better resource utilisation - there are some other things to consider around this depending on your usage, see TelePresence Server vs MCU.  Doing so however may depend on what your relationship is like with your local Cisco Account Manager as the platform is End of Sale, you can't purchase the required migration any more, but may be able to get access via back channels.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne!