Views
Helpful
Replies

audio issue through mic from room kit min

sandysp4u
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Friends, 

I have 2 room kit usb devices installed on the premises and have one as backup all were working fine but since few days i am having an issue in all three room devices. When we do conference through usb pass through using zoom, webex or google meet the end user is continuously complaining of breaking and scrambled audio, i can hear there voices and there video is also working fine even my video to them is very clear but when i speak through mic of room device they are unable to hear my voice clearly but at the same time if i change the mic from room device to laptop the end user can listen to me clearly. I have changed the room devices also had changed the laptop and usb cables but nothing seems to work. After testing almost everything i am unable to understand the problems. 

Can anyone help me in resolving this issue please. 

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using the USB-C cable that came with the unit, or are you using some other cable?  If you are using some other non USB-C cable, make sure that the port on your device it is connected to is at least a USB3 port (USB2 and USB1 are too slow).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Wayne 

I am using a different USB-C type cable and i am connecting it to USB3 port of a laptop, i have also tried a different laptop but the problem is same. I have also tested it from a PC and surprisingly its working fine from the PC but with laptop i am having the issue 

If it's working fine with the PC, then that suggests that the Room device is working correctly - I'd suggest that you make sure that all your laptop software, driver, chipset and firmware updates are installed, as it sounds like an issue with whatever laptop model you are using.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I have tried multiple laptops but the result is the same this is really making me crazy