cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

automatic controlling the tandberg camera

manish888
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a project.I have a video-conferencing system  at my college.Cisco telepresence precisionHD 1080p 4x camera(the url of this camera is - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11335/index.html ) is used in this video conferencing system.In my project ,I want that my camaera should do following work (this camera is ptz camera)-

suppose the camera is at at any position.then i want that this camera should tilt for some angle say 5 degree and remain there for 10 seconds.Then it should again tilt 5 degrees more and remain there for 10 seconds more.Say after 5-6 cycles of such tilting it should pan a little to the right and return to initial angle again and then again repeat the previous cycles.It should also able to zoom at some points,After completing all this work i should able to download the video.

or

if this work can't be done through coding,can we move to different presets positions automatically after sometime.Again i want that the i should able to download the final video.Here automatically means say after 20 seconds the camera should move to next preset location automatically and then say after next 20 seconds it should move to next preset positon.

I know this whole work is to be done through coding.I don't know how to do this whole work.please help me out as how can i do this work.any other suggestion for same type of work is welcomed.thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Manish,

You don't mention what type of Video Conferencing Codec you are using... this may affect what/how you can do things.

It is possible that you could do something similar to what you're asking with a script using the API to control the camera.

The API will differ between codecs.  Check the relevant codec's API Reference Guide (ie this one for an SX20 running TC7.0.x).

With this example API, you can telnet or ssh in to the codec, and use the "xcommand camera positionset" API command to move the camera.

Of, if you'd prefer to use the presets, you can use "xcommand camera preset activate presetid: x".  Note that there are a limited number of presets that can be defined (35).

Of course, to capture the video, you'd need to record the call you were in when you were moving the camera.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.