Helpful
Replies

C90 H.323 & SIP INACTIVE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

OK folks got one for the books.

1. I have a C90 running TC7.3.7

2. H.323 is enabled  (From the Browser shows Inactive)

3. SIP is enabled (From the Browser shows Inactive)

I have verified also via SSH the modes are enabled.

I would be happy with getting registration failed but its only showing "inactive"

Any Ideas folks

Chet Cronin
7 Replies 7

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you're trying to register the C90 to an H323 gatekeeper or SIP registrar.  Make sure you have all fields configured if you haven't.

NetworkServices

• H323
  • SIP

H323

• H323 Gatekeeper
  • H323 E164 or ID

If all H323 fields are blank, or simply the H323 E164 or ID is blank, status will appear as inactive.  If H323 Gatekeeper is blank, status will appear as Rejected: Empty GK string.

SIP

• Proxy 1 Address
  • URI

If all or any of the SIP fields are blank, status will appear as inactive.

Patrick,

The SIP is working but the H.323 still shows inactive ??

I have verified again the network services =  H.323 "ON"

In the H323 I have selected gatekeeper (manual and the IP address of the VCS)

The H323 E164 has the number and the ID = the name of the system

Still Inactive.

Preferred calling is set to Auto also. 

Chet Cronin

Make sure H323 CallSetup Mode is set to Gatekeeper, if it's set to Direct, H323 will appear as inactive.

Sorry for long delay Patrick.   

Yes the Gatekeeper indicates it's on but still getting inactive ??

Chet Cronin

Can you take a backup of your configuration, under Maintenance > Backup and Restore, then upload it to the forums.  I don't have a C90, but I have some C40s, I can take a look and possibly try and duplicate it.

Thank you for the update .. sorry for delay to everyone...

No I am not able to upload on this network.  It's on the .smil.mil classified side.

So I'll create a TAC.

Appreciate everyones input.

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin

Hi Guys,

So SIP is working, but H323 does not. This sounds to me like you registered the endpoint to CUCM as SIP, and trying to use H323 in a VCS? Please tell me if I am wrong.

If you the endpoint is registered to CUCM as SIP, and using provisioning, then this is an expected behavior, as "Dual" registration is not supported when using CUCM for SIP.

Check that out, maybe that is your problem, otherwise please ignore, and follow Patrick`s instructions, by providing the backup file of the system.

HTH