cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Log Info for TMS (jitter/packet loss)

sdrulik
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to port the call log info (jitter, packet loss) for our CE SX10/20, RoomKit units to TMS. I am creating a video call dashboard and using a SQL view from TMSNG SQL DB. I'd like to have the calls include audio/video jitter and packet loss but the value is at -1 for those SQL rows on each call. Is there a setting I am missing in either the video unit or TMS itself so that the data from the video units show? I will say that I can see the info perfectly on each unit if I log into each one. I'd just like to have that data presented in TMS.

Thanks!

-sdrulik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, Cisco doesn't recommend that you directly access the TMSNG database at all.  They don't publish the schema, or guarantee that it will not change between releases, so use at your own risk.  Direct access to the database isn't a "supported" method.  

Much of the data you are after isn't stored in TMS at all, there are no settings to change to make it work.  Your best option would be to query the endpoints periodically and then store the data you get from them in a separate database, then use this new database for your custom dashboard.  That would be the only currently "supported" way of doing this.

If you really have a strong business need for this, then you would be best off to speak with your local Cisco Account Team and get them to place it as a Feature Request for consideration in future software releases if there are enough other customers that require it.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, Cisco doesn't recommend that you directly access the TMSNG database at all.  They don't publish the schema, or guarantee that it will not change between releases, so use at your own risk.  Direct access to the database isn't a "supported" method.  

Much of the data you are after isn't stored in TMS at all, there are no settings to change to make it work.  Your best option would be to query the endpoints periodically and then store the data you get from them in a separate database, then use this new database for your custom dashboard.  That would be the only currently "supported" way of doing this.

If you really have a strong business need for this, then you would be best off to speak with your local Cisco Account Team and get them to place it as a Feature Request for consideration in future software releases if there are enough other customers that require it.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you! I'll look into querying the units for this info.