Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 FXS Port Issue

ishelp001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I hope I am posting this in the correct area. I have a Cisco 2811 router with a VIC-4FXS/DID card. The issue I am having is when someone calls the number assigned to the FXS port it rings but as soon as it is answered it goes to a fast busy. I have went as far as connecting a regular analog phone directly to the FXS port and have the same result. If the phone is picked up you get dial tone. If you call the phone it rings but when it is answered I hear a fast busy and the same on the other end. The FXS card and router have both been replaced. Everything is controlled by Call Manager ver 9.1.2.11019-1. I am completely stumped as this worked in the past and I cannot figure what would have changed.

Any ideas on how I could troubleshoot this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi 

Since you said its controlled by CCM , then it should be registered to CM as SCCP phone.

Make sure you use correct Devicepool / Location under phone setting. Since the call disconnects once picked up most probably issue should be with codec negotiation.

Regards

Mohamed 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi 

Since you said its controlled by CCM , then it should be registered to CM as SCCP phone.

Make sure you use correct Devicepool / Location under phone setting. Since the call disconnects once picked up most probably issue should be with codec negotiation.

Regards

Mohamed 

Thanks Buddy! Turned out to be the device pool issue. The port was not set to the incorrect device pool and the wrong codec was being used... we have a specific device pool for faxing. Not sure how I missed that! Bad Bad Bad!!!