Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Codec Macros

Dean O'Meara
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Would anyone know how many Macros can be safely run or the limit on a Cisco Codec? Let's take a Room Kit Mini for example.

I have spent hours trying to find this information online but unfortunately not found anything so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe there is a set "number of macros" that can be configured.

Given that any macro can be of varying capabilities and length, the amount of memory and storage capacity would have more affect on what can be present than any specific "number" of macros.

If you start having to have too many large macros on your device, then you're possibly better off using an external control system that is more flexible than trying to do everything on the codec.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

clarkhind
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dean, 

I found this:

If you can do the actions in the xAPI you can in most scenarios automate it using the macro
framework. You can create up to 10 individual macro scripts on a supported system.

From here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf

Hope this helps.

Clark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: