cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Meeting Server & Cisco Web App Tandberg MXP dialing issues!!! (Please help me. In the middle of major company wide exercise that requires video conferencing)

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our organization just acquired and installed Cisco's CMS (Cisco Meeting Server) and we have downloaded the Acano Cisco Web App that goes along with it. I have one user imported from active directory that I have configured in the CMS so we can login to the Cisco Web App where all of our "spaces" are managed.

Also, most of our endpoints are registered using H.323 with the Cisco VCS as the main gatekeeper and majority of the endpoints on our internal network are Cisco SX20 units, Polycom's, and Tandberg MXP series codecs.

So when I login to the Cisco Web App, enter into a conferencing "space" and start to initiate a multi point conference with my endpoints, it seems as though a lot of the Tandberg 770s and certain 3000 MXP's take the call and soon reject the call after a few minutes. I tried to test this same issue with my own Tandberg 770 MXPs and saw that when I started the call from the web app, it saw the call I answered it and soon after my TV screen stops displaying anything. I look into the Cisco Web App and I see that it seemed to join the conferencing space, but I just get a blank screen with no new endpoints joined in. The Tandberg itself kicks itself out after a few minutes. Now I noticed that a lot of Tandbergs with firmware version 6.0? seemed to have that same issue, but it doesn't make sense at all it should...take that H.323 call. However when I use my Cisco MCU and call out to these endpoints I have no issue at all calling out to them and having them join the conference.

Here's an example of how I call out to endpoints and how they are saved in my list of contacts with their E.164 alias as the first number for all my endpoints:

Name: Fort Lenord Wood

Address: 60@22.9.X.X

So that 22.9 would by my VCS.

Should I try to register those endpoints on SIP to my VCS? or is their a setting in their on the actual Tandberg that needs to be enabled for it to make that call? I thought it might have to do with encryption, but there a lot of endpoints out their using encryption on/off and best effort so I don't think its that. I also try to dial the SIP URI string from the actual Tandberg unit itself to see if it can dial in example 67@22.45.155.2, but I get the same problem. Any assistance or help is very much appreciated, I had to send a couple sites my own Cisco Codecs because their Tandbergs were not working.

0 Replies 0