Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MX800 speaker Tracking issues

privateuser
Level 1
Level 1

Hey All,

We have client that we need to assist remotely, so no way of me being in the room. We are experiencing a weird issue with the MX800 Speaker Tracking. Where the camera will point to the floor and not the person actually talking. I found a link on how to reset speaker tracking. Just need some advise when you reset the Speaker Track will you need to restart the MX800 and the cameras will calibrate themselves? Is there any setup we need to do in the room ( please note I have not setup and MX800 before so do not know the steps)

Have anyone had a similar issue like this before?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you're referencing this guide: How to Factory Reset Speaker Track on MX series?  You don't need to restart the endpoint, after you reset the SpeakerTrack unit, it should come back up and reconnect to the endpoint.  There is also a Speaker Track with SX80 Codec Configuration Example that has some diagnostic commands that should work for the MX Series endpoints to help troubleshoot.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I assume you're referencing this guide: How to Factory Reset Speaker Track on MX series?  You don't need to restart the endpoint, after you reset the SpeakerTrack unit, it should come back up and reconnect to the endpoint.  There is also a Speaker Track with SX80 Codec Configuration Example that has some diagnostic commands that should work for the MX Series endpoints to help troubleshoot.