Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco SX-20 with multiple video source

Saurabh K verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have been using cisco sx-20 with default 12x camera, now I further planned to connect one DVR input with sx-20 DVI interface. Since we have only one source either to connect default camera of sx-20 or DVR input with SX-20 HDMI interface.

I came to know that SX-20 has a DVI output whether we can connect another input source. If our DVR has HDMI output than I need to use a converter "HDMI to DVI" to have input of DVR into sx-20 DVI interface.

Setup description :-

1) SX-20 default camera ==== sx-20 HDMI input 

2) 3rd party DVR with HDMI interface ===== sx-20 DVI interface ( using a cisco converter (CAB-DVI-HDMI2.3M)

If this is the case, I assuming I would have two screen layout while any active VC calling. While an active calling a local participants (whether DVR has connected) can show up the live feed of DVR with remote participants.

Is this solution feasible for me?

Your responses are highly appreciated

5 Replies 5

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, what you're describing is the same as hooking up a PC or other content source to the DVI connector.  This will show the video that is sent in to that input source from the DVR when the Content source is selected on the endpoint and will send the feed from the main camera along with the content to the far end.

Note: if you need audio from your DVR as well as the video, you'll also need to connect it up to the 3.5mm audio input socket, the same as you would with e PC/laptop/etc. as the DVI is video only and doesn't carry audio.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Mr. Wayne of your interest in this discussion. According to you it’s a feasible solution.

If I talk about a little different scenario with this setup, like I have a mobile user (I-Phone or Android) who need to send his video camera feed with the same active VC calling.

My concern is:-

How the mobile user will join over an active VC calling?

If he joins the calling than, how the 3rd source of video share with remote participants

Do we have any app based things to install on I-Phone or Android to join into the VC calling?

Also, I would request you to share the deliverable for this app based solution.

Once again thank you very much for your response.

Making calls to iPhones or Androids is a different discussion to what you originally asked above, and without knowing more about your environment, and what infrastructure you have, it's nothing that can be answered simply as there are many different ways to do that (Cisco Jabber is one option).  But saying that, any properly configured and standards compliant solution should all be able to cope with showing the content (DVR) as well as the main video feed from the SX20 on the remote device, and the local SX20 will be able to see the content and the far end video.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I have gone through deeply with cisco documents and found we have an option MRA (mobile and remote access) through cisco express way (VCS)

So, we would be having a jabber application installed on phone, this jabber can register locally on CUCM and if our SX-20 registered on CUCM than will able to see the SX-20 image (video content output) similarly can able to share mobile feed (video content) to sX-20.

We need Expressway series (C&E) then we will be able to call outside to standalone devices such as

CISCO SX-20.

Setup would be something looked like:-

Smart phone user > will reach Expressway E (public IP) > Expressway C > CUCM

Kindly confirm if we have this kind of setup, else please share your idea on deliverable to allow a mobile user to join over the VC calling.

Thanks

Saurabh

Yes, using Cisco Jabber via MRA on the iPhones and calling to/from the SX20, also registered to the CUCM will have the functionality you described, where the phone will be able to see the camera and content from the SX20 and the SX20 will see the phone's camera.

Wayne
--

Wayne