cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Sound Check occasionally produces errors SX/MX

John_
Level 1
Level 1

I am experiencing some occasional Telepresence Sound Check errors from a few different Telepresence Room Kits.

The soundcheck produces the test tone music, which can be heard. At the conclusion, sometimes it indicates a successful test, other times it indicates an error that the volume may not be loud enough for the test. This result is intermittent (sometime pass, sometimes fail), regardless of room speaker volume. Starting a video conference with a room peer always is successful for both bi-directional audio and video, without further action on microphones, room audio volume, etc.   

Could someone direct me to the appropriate documentation regarding the "sound check"? I am interested in any optimization strategies to eliminate nuisance failure warnings, when things are working properly. 

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've generally only used that tool once on each unit when initially commissioning a room to make sure it's operational - it's not something that I run on a regular basis on a room.  For daily testing, I do similar to what you have mentioned - calling another room, or calling a "test" VC device to ensure audio and video is present.  In my world, it's unlikely that the room has changed significantly from when it was first commissioned to require a full test to be run again, the "test" by using the system to make a call is the best for us (and can be done by anyone).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.