cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco TMSXE Client Requirements

matt.holland
Level 1
Level 1

I'd like some clarification on the client requirements for TMSXE if possible; I've found conflicting documentation. In the Cisco TMSXE Installation Guide v3.0 it indicates a minimum of Microsoft Outlook 2007 SP2, however, the online data sheet lists Microsoft Outlook 2003 as adeqate. Which is correct? Will TMSXE function with Microsoft Outlook 2003?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt, As mentioned in TMSXE installation guide requirements section our Team has tested this product with Outlook 2007 and 2010. However using with Outlook 2003 client you might run into any other unknown problems.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Indeed this is confusing. As far as i know tmsxe != 2003 exchange/outlook. Kjetil can you confirm this?

We will check it out matt.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Matt, As mentioned in TMSXE installation guide requirements section our Team has tested this product with Outlook 2007 and 2010. However using with Outlook 2003 client you might run into any other unknown problems.

BR,

Mahesh Adithiyha

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Let me just make a final clarification. The installguide is correct and 2003 is not supported with TMSXE 3.x. We will investigate the issue with the data sheet. Thanks for letting us know.

/Magnus

Thanks guys, very helpful - I appreciate the clarification.

What if you are in a mixed environment with Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2003. The VC meeting room mailboxes are on Exchange 2010 and most of the users are on Outlook & Exchange 2003. Will these users be able to book the VC meeting rooms and will TMSXE/TMS funtion correctly?

I know the CTS form will not work on Outlook 2003.

rgds, Geert.

gfolens wrote:

[...]

Will these [Outlook 2003] users be able to book the VC meeting rooms and will TMSXE/TMS funtion correctly?

[...]

Hi,

That's untested behavior. It may or may not work; if it doesn't, note that we are very unlikely to ever fix any TMSXE issue that is triggered by the use of unsupported clients.

Regards,

Kjetil