cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity Automated Attendant

mohsenlasalle
Level 1
Level 1

I created a simple automated attendant based on the predefined Unity call handlers and few call handlers that I created. Every thing is working fine. I noticed that the predefined opening greeting call handler was dedicated for the Unity Voice Mail system. So, if the caller knows the parties extension and dials it, he will reach immediately the Voice Mail, I mean the phone will not ring before. It s happening the same when the caller press the key 4 for directory assistance, and then choosing the destination.

I m wondering what I should change in the default opening greeting to make the phone ringing first ,then if no answer, the call will be forwarded to the voice mail.

1 Reply 1

mohsenlasalle
Level 1
Level 1

I got the answer from Lindborg

For each subscriber make sure the transfer rule is enabled on the "call transfer" page for that user in the SA - by default users are created with this set to "no, send directly to subscribers greeting" set. You can change this on a per user basis in the SA or for everyone using BulkEdit found in the Tools Depot on your desktop. You can also configure your subscriber template(s) you're using to create users to be setup to have this enabled by default.

Thanks Lindborg for your help.