Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS-C keeps populating in Purge Systems on TMS

privateuser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a very weird issue that is quite hard to explain. We had a few Fan failures on my Cisco VCS-C and we did an RMA and received a new one. I installed this VCS in April this year. I then start noticing whenever we add a new System to TMS their TMS ID is in the 2860 range. We only have 42 systems at this stage. I then noticed when I'm in Purge Systems Tab in TMS my new Cisco VCS-C keep populating the same system name and system type, this has happened about 2800 times. Has anyone else experience something similar to this ? 

I will try to purge those systems the only thing is this will happen again, what else can I do should I completely purge my VCS from TMS and readd it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TMS System IDs are generated by TMS, and increases as you add more systems.  You might be able to edit the ID from within the SQL database, systems are stored in the dbo.objSystem table, but I do not recommend it as the system ID could be used elsewhere and you can potentially break TMS and make things worse.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would attempt to purge the all instances of the VCS, and see if the issue comes back, then add it back into TMS.

Thank you I have purge the 2500 systems from TMS, will monitor it and see if the issue comes back. Is there anyway to reset my TMS System ID ? I see when I readded my VCS its still in the 2800 range.

TMS System IDs are generated by TMS, and increases as you add more systems.  You might be able to edit the ID from within the SQL database, systems are stored in the dbo.objSystem table, but I do not recommend it as the system ID could be used elsewhere and you can potentially break TMS and make things worse.