Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VCS control Prefix add

CraigLamb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am trying to get VCS to add a prefix to a E.164 string e.g. 33333 becomes 4233333.

I have tried to do this using both the search rule and a transform but each time I test I still end up with a call that goes through as SIP rather the H.323, taking up a traversal license.

What i have tried is the following;

Transform

Priority      6

Pattern      Regex

String        33/d/d/d@domainname.com

Behaviour  Add prefix

Add text    42

Search Rule

Priority     "30"

Protocol   "H.323"

Source     "Any"

Auth        "No"

Mode       "Pattern Match"

Type        "Regex"

String       "33/d/d/d"

Behaviour  "Replace"

Replace    "4233/d/d/d"

Match       "Continue"

Target       "Local Zone"

If I test the transform it appears to work but in reality my call does not have the prefix added.

I have only ever had this working once but then I ended up with 2 calls one trversed and the other non-treversal.

The reason for this is we have an RMX 2000 bridge which only registers the permanent conferences as SIP and to dial them H.323 you need to first put in the prefix followed by the conf id. It is to make all dialling standard throughout our organisation.

Thanks

17 Replies 17

Hi Craig,

As your trying to send H323 to RMX, you replace string should not have "@domain.com", only the number.

Please, try to send only "42\1" and if it does not work, then try only "\1".

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Spot on. Removed the string and left 42\1 and it works!! Thanks for your assistance!!

You are welcome!

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".