Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco webex room ttc7-26 wireless connection

viesturs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I got Cisco webex room ttc7-26 device in my meeting room and it is setup so it can be connected to computer via usb-a cable to see video and sound from it. Are there any possibilities it can be used wireless? Not using any cisco meeting software, just ms teams to connect to the device when in meeting. Talked with local IT who did set those up and said there is no way to connect it wireless.

Thanks,

Viesturs

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The device is not designed to be used wirelessly like that.  In general you can't just take a USB device and "make it wireless".

There are some 3rd party devices that can let you attach another piece of hardware to a device to then share it wirelessly across a network, but, without ever trying one for this type of purpose (generally used for storage or printers), I wouldn't guarantee it would work, but then you need to support the extra hardware device and its power connectivity on top of the USB cables to connect it - so you end up with more cables than you started with.

The other option is that you can use it as a proper Webex registered endpoint, then with Webex Cloud Video Interop, you would be able to join MSTeams meetings from the Room Kit Mini, and you will be able to share content with the Mini wirelessly from a laptop through the Webex app (but I don't think this is quite what you are looking for).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.