cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS limit user using LDAP

fandhikap
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone explain how many users can be retrieved using ldap server?

when signing in and searching in the "People" user is not available, but the user is already sync from the ldap server and is present in the "General> Users" menu. what users to look for must be online first?

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many LDAP users have you imported?

I don't know if there is a recommended or set maximum number of imported LDAP users, at least nothing I can find so far.  I know the maximum number of active users signed in across all devices (CMS & WebRTC) is 500, see What is the maximum number of concurrent XMPP clients supported by the Meeting Server.

What happens if you decrease the number of imported users, are you still unable to search for anyone?

What version of CMS are you running?

4000++ uers i had imported to CMS.

thanks for article.

i unable to decrease of imported users, because is already production. i trying to import ldap users in my lab and successfully to find users in "People" . user that has been imported about 30 users.

im using version 2.1.5

How are the users listed in the directory, by first name or last name, and are you searching for users by their first name or last name?  I found bug CSCve26267, it talks about search can fail depending on how users names appear in the directory etc.

i imported user LDAP using both first name and last name. and searching users by both also. but failed to get users on "People"

Maybe I should upgrade the CMS server to version 2.2