cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

controlling second camera c40

Brien Woodaman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a c40 and cannot get the second camera to control via the daisy chain. I have tried several cable connetions but cannot get the camera to work. I looked at the xstatus and camera 2 always comes back as false. I have swapped the camera positions and still get the same result I can control the camera in position one, but not in postion 2.

Please I need some advice on this.                   

4 Replies 4

nairrahul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brien,

What camera are you using? Cisco or third-party? Also, what version of software is on the codec?

Thanks.

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi
Few things to be kept in mind
1) if using cisco 12x and 4x camera then 4x will always be the last camera in daisy chain. First camera will be 12x camera
2) Ideally use cisco provided daisy chain cable if not sure about your custom made cable.

3) if this is a third party camera check for the compatibility first.

Once we receive more inputs from you probably picture will be more clear...

Regards
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Brien -

Take a look at the PrecisionHD user guide on daisy chaining cameras, p20.  Make sure the pinout is correct for the daisy chain cable, on p16.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brien,

How long is your camera control cable?  Are you trying to extend it with any devices, or is it a straight cable?

Is your second camera powered with a separate power unit?

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.