cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Trunks

Steven Stuart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a CUCM version 10.5 connected to a VCS-C server. I have them connected via a SIP trunk. Can someone please let me know how many calls can be made over that SIP trunk? What is the capacity of the SIP trunk? I have searched around the internet and I have come up with nothing. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steven,

A SIP Trunk is a logical entity and not a physical circuit. It's there for signalling transactions between the CUCM and the far end. The actual RTP audio flows between the end points.

As far as I am aware there is no such limits defined for SIP Trunks. The call capacity would depend on the  actual bandwidth available of the IP circuit you have allocated to the voice traffic or any CAC policy etc.

-Terry

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Steven,

A SIP Trunk is a logical entity and not a physical circuit. It's there for signalling transactions between the CUCM and the far end. The actual RTP audio flows between the end points.

As far as I am aware there is no such limits defined for SIP Trunks. The call capacity would depend on the  actual bandwidth available of the IP circuit you have allocated to the voice traffic or any CAC policy etc.

-Terry

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your help. I had forgot about the endpoints connecting directly so that RTP audio doesn't connect over the SIP trunk. It's no wonder why I couldn't find any documentation on this.

Not a problem Steven glad that helped.

-Terry