Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying Redundancy for TMSXE

Hi,

I want to deploy the redundancy for the TMSXE. As of now I have 5.5 XE on 2012 R2 in production and want to have redundancy setup as well deploying new server. 

Below are the steps I'm thinking to follow. I also need to have TMS Booking Service to include a WebEx Conference URL and use the productivity tools as well so planning to use a load balancer for it.

NumberItem

1Create Host A Record for new TMSXE Server 
2Install the Windows 2012 R2 server on a VM
3Create a new User mail box TMSXE02 for access to the Exchange
4Setting up a network Share for Cluster Configuration
5The Share Server and Both the TMSXE server must be the members of the active directory domian 
6Only make the network share accessible to the machine accounts of both nodes and the administrator performing the installation.
7Ensure that the new Server meets the Software requirements
8Setup the NLB for the TMS booking Service
9 You must set up the load balancer to have a sticky connection to one of the nodes. When the primary node cannot be reached, the load balancer will switch to the secondary node
10Make sure the TMSXE01 has TMSXE Booking Service Installed
11Modify the TMSXE01 Installation to include the Clustering Package
12Create a DNS record for the virtual IP of the NLB.
13Add this NLB hostname to WebEx as the Cisco TMSXE Host Address for the webex Productivity Tools
14Verify the Frist node has been fully configured
15On the Advanced Settings tab for Frist node, change the folder locations for shared data and configuration files to be on a network share to which both nodes have read/write access.
16Click Next to Proceed the Validation of the Systems and Mailboxes. Process Could Take about 90 Seconds.
17Stop TMSXE Service on First node
18Begin the Installer on Second Server
19Configure the Active Directory Settings on Second Node
20Provide the necessary Exchange connection details, which must be exactly the same as for the first node.
21Cisco TMSXE will use this detail to identify the primary node, and all configuration data that can be shared, will be imported and validated.
22An overview of the imported data is displayed.
23Red marks will be shown if some or all of the data could not be validated, with guidance on addressing the issues.
24Resolve any issues on the first node or with access to network Shares when red marks are seen
25On this node, go back to the previous step and re-validate the Import.
26Enter authentication details for Cisco TMS and Exchange.
27Click Next to validate all settings.
28Click Save to save the settings.
29Start the Cisco TMSXE Service in first node and second node from the Windows Service.
30Verify the Cluster Setup by starting the Configuration tool and the first screen will include information about current state of the cluster
31Check TMSXE-log txt, which includes information about which node is active and the state of the node you are connected to.
32Stop the Cisco TMSXE Service on the active node
33Verify using the log or Configuration tool on the second node that it has been promoted to active

Also my next goal is to have TMS redundancy setup. right now I have one TMS on a 2012 R2. planning to deploy one more in another server.

Would it be a better option to set the redundancy first for the TMS and then go with the TMSXE redundancy or do TMSXE first and then TMS or setup up the redundancy for the both the servers in a single change window. 

I'm looking for the expert onion here. 

Thanks a lot

Yasoda Palachulla

0 Replies 0