cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E20 Power Adapters

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does anyone have or happen to know if there are any E20 power adapters (PSU-12VDC-40W=) out there still being offered by resellers or companies?  I know the E20 is EOS, but I have 3 units that are missing their adapters due to being forgotten during a move and the location has since closed down, so retrieving them isn't an option.  Essentially, these 3 E20s are a paperwait with the adapters.  Another option would possibly to find a generic replacement adapter of the same size, and power output, but wouldn't know where to look.

Thanks, even though I know this is a very long shot.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

This may be fruitful for you.

Psu-cam-v
The same power suply used with the phd cameras can be used with e20

I tried it in my lab and it just worked fine.

I can say you can get that.

One things is its not cisco recomendation as there is nothing mentioned like that however the power supply is almost of that rating and i found it working fine for an hour at least in my test.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Ravi kr.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

I would suggest go ahead and contact cisco customer service to see if they can make three power suplies only for sale, I cannot confirm how if they would have old stock that can fix your issue.
I am not sure if I spoke to you however I had a similar discussion earlier .
You can contact any local reseller for the same part id they have a spare.

Let me find a similar part if available with cisco which can be bought as there are few devices which uses the same psu.

Regards
Ravi kr.

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

Same power supply is used with MXP1000 if you have any spare or old units.

i will provide you further update on this tomorrow.

found few online dealers however i am not sure if that is coming out to be a feasable option for you

http://www.1pcn.net/servlet/the-20114/Cisco-TANDBERG--dsh--PSU-dsh-12VDC-dsh-40W%3D/Detail

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Cisco-power-adapter-40-Watt/2315586.aspx

Thanks

Ravi kr.

I wouldn't be suprised, it could have been me. 

I've gone through the hoops with CDW, but all the resellers say they "can get the part", even when I specifically state that the main product this part is for is EOS.  However, in the end the part comes from Cisco directly to the customer, and as you know because it is EOS, Cisco no longer has it in their system as a product for sale.  So when it comes down to actually getting it, you can't.  You'd think there would be better communication between the resellers and Cisco, I even had CDW confirm they could get it, and they were told by their contacts "yes" ... not!

Basically right now, I'm down to trying to locate any that are just lying around that could be parted with, or finding an alternative replacement.

I currently don't have any MXP1000s nor know of anyone that does.

I just looked up the MXP1000, and it actually turns out that we do have one, though I'm sure I can't simply take the PSU from it for the E20s.  However if you can confirm that another Cisco device that has a compatible or the same PSU that matches the specs of the E20 PSU than that would be great, so long as it can be ordered and not for a device that is EOS!  I'll look forward to what you might be able to find, while at the same time I'll take a look at our MXP1000 and compare the PSUs of the two devices to confirm the possibility of it working and being a replacement.

Thanks, Ravi

..and it was me btw, I looked up my previous cases, nice to talk to you again.

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

I will update you today if we can use another psu or not however yes the mxp1000 uses the same power supply that is for sure.

Good to see we both met again, let me workout something this time

Thanks
Ravi kr.

Ravi Yadav
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Patrick,

This may be fruitful for you.

Psu-cam-v
The same power suply used with the phd cameras can be used with e20

I tried it in my lab and it just worked fine.

I can say you can get that.

One things is its not cisco recomendation as there is nothing mentioned like that however the power supply is almost of that rating and i found it working fine for an hour at least in my test.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Ravi kr.

Ravi, thanks a lot for checking and trying to find a "replacement".  I have one camera PSU in my office that is in use for a system, I did check, and the input/output voltages are exactly as what the E20 calls for.

Thanks!

Something I just noticed, the E20 PSU is 40W max, and the PHD PSU is 48W, will that make a difference?

Hi Pat,

thats why i wanted to checkit before i confirm you to try , i checked it it worked fine,+ 8W is not making any change to my unit at least , proper functioning for an hour.

i can say compfortabley- should not make any difference.

Thanks

Ravi Kr.

Sounds good to me, I'll pass all of this allong.  Either way, if the extra 8W does do something to the E20, in my eyes, it doesn't really matter anyway.  Without a PSU, the E20 is useless, so either way this is something to be able to get the unit back online.