cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when trying to Upgrade VCS to X7.2.1

bmccarthy04
Level 1
Level 1

I get the notification on TMS that both VCSC and VCSE both need upgrading from X6.2 to X7.2.1.  I point to the software that was automatically downloaded, enter the release key that was provided, and then the system stalls out and comes back with System Error: Installation failed, corrupt image uploaded.

Then I try to download the version directly from the Cisco website, start the upgrade, enter the release key and then get error "invalid release key".  I feel like im running in circles.  Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brad,

I would think you would need to re-download the software, as it could contain some CRC errors.

I have also checked the X7.x release key for the AES version (s42700x7_2_1.tar.gz), and it should start with 588 and end with 030 for your VCS. Is this the release key you are trying with? "588********030"

So if you are using the default encrypted version of the software, and you are trying to upload with the release key above, I would think you just need to download this file again. Please also note that the package (software installer) should _not_ be extracted before uploaded to the VCS (should end with.tar.gz).

If you have problems with the download with your browser, try to download the file with a FTP client (ftp://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/vcs/x7/s42700x7_2_1.tar.gz).

Hope this helps,

Arne

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi are you sure the release key is correct? You need a releasekey to upgrade from x6 to x7.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

It is not a Release key issue, its a bad software image as i stated above.   The software that TMS auto downloads comes up with corrupt image error.

See below image.  Once I point to the image file and the system uploads it, it shows Unknown Software Version where it should start X7.2.1

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

You can download the software from the cisco site and upload it manually to the software folder on the tms server. It sometes happen that the image is not downloaded correctly. You can also delete the software from the tms server from the software manager and let tms re download it.

/Magnus

I will try that again, but i have done this previously and once I get the software uploaded, then i get a invalid Release Key error.

Confirmed Invalid Release Key error.  How can we generate a new valid release key?

Hi Brad

Check your PM inbox. I have sent you your release key for X7.2.1

Hi Brad,

Your VCSE starterpack is Aes-encrypted or non-Aes?

Aes-encrypted: s42700x7_2_1.tar.gz
non-Aes: s42701x7_2_1.tar.gz

On attached picture you have uploaded the non-AES software!

Please check it.

Cheers,

Balázs

The software package that was auto downloaded from TMS was the non-AES version.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First you need to have the vcs covered under a service contract. Then contact licensing at cisco and they will give you the key.

/Magnus

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brad,

I would think you would need to re-download the software, as it could contain some CRC errors.

I have also checked the X7.x release key for the AES version (s42700x7_2_1.tar.gz), and it should start with 588 and end with 030 for your VCS. Is this the release key you are trying with? "588********030"

So if you are using the default encrypted version of the software, and you are trying to upload with the release key above, I would think you just need to download this file again. Please also note that the package (software installer) should _not_ be extracted before uploaded to the VCS (should end with.tar.gz).

If you have problems with the download with your browser, try to download the file with a FTP client (ftp://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/vcs/x7/s42700x7_2_1.tar.gz).

Hope this helps,

Arne

Issue resolved.  Had to use the encrypted version 47200 instead of the non-AES version.  TMS auto downloaded the wrong version.  Thanks all.

If it really downloaded the wrong verion and also suggested that for upgrade you should open a tac case for it

as this should not have happened. Which TMS version did you use?

Btw, are you in a country which does not allow encryption or is not allowed to receive encrypted software?

Then you should use only the correct software.

Btw, I had also seen that web-proxies messed up the download of a sw upgrade.

if you go to the cisco download site you can check the md5 checksum, this can be handy in such cases.

And please also read the release notes before upgrading as the different software types are mentioned there.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello,

I wanted to restore a backup of my VCS E but I need first to update it in X7.2.1 AES version,when I try the link above it doesn't work.

The file s42700x7_2_1.tar.gz seems to be unavailable anymore both on cisco site and ftp tandberg.

So how can i find this file?

Thanks for help