Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 failure after software upgrade

jamie murray
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

So i have 2 EX60's which have both failed during software upgrade.

I have built the serial cable, but get nothing off either endpoint other than the power lights.

I have tried the button push factory reset, but struggling with the Serial connection (baud rate is correct)

Does any one still have the reset document, with the codes? Is the serial connector only accessible for a certain amount of time after boot? 

Jamie

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See attached PDF from one of the Cisco Live sessions that has some great information in it about the boot process and fixing failures.   Its a bit old now, but most of it is still relevant.

The EX60 are also a very old device and go completely end of support on 30 June 2020, so I'd recommend that you consider replacing them with something more current and supportable.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for this. These units are in my home Lab environment with a fair amount of other antiques.

2 EX90's

1 T150

1 T1700

1 C20

1 C60

1 dx80 

These units are usually bullet proof :) thats why i still use them :)

No worries - you didn't mention that these were in a lab, so my recommendation was around running them in a production environment.   I agree that some of these older devices are great in lab environments, I have some MXP 95s and EX90s in mine.

The PDF I attached should help you with troubleshooting why the devices aren't working and hopefully you can get them going again. 

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.