Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 TOUCH PANEL AND HANDHELD REMOTE

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Got a good one for you all...

I have an EX90 running TC7.1 and trying to get the handheld remote and the touch panel to work on it.

I have another EX90 running TC7.3.0 and I have both the handheld remote and the touch panel working on it.

I see is on the EX90 running TC7.3.0 is see xconfiguration:

xconfiguration experimental systemunit menutype: Interactive (NO FULL OPTION)

xconfiguration systemunit irsensor: On

No issues.

But the EX90 running TC7.1 is see xconfiguration:

xconfiguration experimental systemunit menutype: Interactive

BUT NO xconfiguration systemunit irsensor at all????

Need to keep these at TC7.1

OH wired part is I have another EX90 running TC7.1 and it's working with both the remote handheld and the touch panel so I am missing something on the other one ... Any ideas???

Any ideas

Chet Cronin
3 Replies 3

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

This is a known bug that was fixed in TC7.3.0. For some reason the IR sensor config option was removed or (hidden) sort of speak in TC7.1.0. You should still be able to workaround the issue by just typing:

xConfiguration SystemUnit IrSensor: On

The bug number for reference: CSCur12247

/Magnus

A theory of why you might see the other unit running TC7.1.0 having IR enabled is that it was probably enabled before it was upgraded to TC7.1.0 or someone enabled it by just typing the config without checking that it existed.

/Magnus

As mentioned by Magnus, bug CSCur12247 (was a bug I logged) affects anything pre TC7.3.0.

I suggest you upgrade your EX to TC7.3.0 or higher, or downgrade it back to TC6.2.1 where it also works as well, although such a big downgrade is not recommended for all the other security enhancements in the later versions. 

The documented steps to get it working from the TC6.2.1 Release Notes are as follows:

To enable the use of remote control against EX series, please follow the steps:

1. Log in to the codec with ssh as admin@ipaddress

2. Disconnect the Touch device from the EX

3. xCommand SystemUnit FactoryReset Confirm: Yes TrailingAction:Restart

4. xConfiguration Experimental SystemUnit MenuType: Full

5. xConfiguration SystemUnit IrSensor: On

6. The remote control is enabled after 60 seconds

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.