Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EXTEND A MIC60 MICROPHONE FROM MX800 CODEC MORE THAN 20 METERS

I need to extend a Mic60 microphone from  MX800 CODEC  but it should be more than 20 meters and allow me to change it from Eruroblock to Mini Jack for in the end and to be able to connect and disconnect. I am thinking of using a BELDEN 8451 cable or if you can recommend a type of extension. Attached image and Pdf.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Appears the Belden 8451 only contains 2 wires + ground, you need a cable that contains 3 wires + ground, as the TelePresence Table Microphone 60 contains a positive, negative, ground, and mic mute.  As for the connectors, you could use a 4-pin XLR.

The XLR connectors are what we use for all our extensions, especially in areas where an end-user may be required to plug/unplug them.  Make sure you use a decent quality audio cable: example.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

daniele.alt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, were you able to address this? I need connect old cisco table microphone (3,5 jack) to a new mx system (euroblock port)