Views
Helpful
Replies

*IMMEDIATE IX SOFTWARE UPGRADE REQUIRED*-- IX 5000

sayed.basha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Greetings.  We have got a brand new IX 5000 and we did the installation. CISCO asks us to upgrade the software from the base version.  I have downloaded the new but in the Admin GUI there is no option to upload the software.  How should I do this ?  Any help would be highly appreciable.

Thanks

Sayed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the "Immediate Software Upgrade Requirement for Your IX System" section of the IX5000 Admin Guide on the bottom of pg 7:

Your IX system comes preloaded with a downlevel version of software (IX 8.0.0.2). Before you begin first-time setup, you must load the latest IX software version from cisco.com and load it to your IX system. For more information, see the “Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager for Your Cisco TelePresence System” section of the IX5000 and IX5200 First-Time Setup document.

If you check the First-Time Setup document mentioned, there are steps on how to upgrade the IX software through CUCM.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the "Immediate Software Upgrade Requirement for Your IX System" section of the IX5000 Admin Guide on the bottom of pg 7:

Your IX system comes preloaded with a downlevel version of software (IX 8.0.0.2). Before you begin first-time setup, you must load the latest IX software version from cisco.com and load it to your IX system. For more information, see the “Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager for Your Cisco TelePresence System” section of the IX5000 and IX5200 First-Time Setup document.

If you check the First-Time Setup document mentioned, there are steps on how to upgrade the IX software through CUCM.

Thanks patrcik.  Appreciate your response.  (I am sure there is big time difference, because I am in the middle east region)   I am very new to Cisco IX and in my previous installation I had played with all Tandberg family.  That's why ?      

I could not find any software upload options in the IX 5000 itself it seems.  Is that only happens through   CUCM?   Please make me understanding.

Currently my ix5000 is not getting registered with CUCM.  is there any licence required for that ?

Regards

Sayed.

The CUCM will need a Telepresence Room license for the IX5000 and the software itself will need to be uploaded to Callmanager, the IX5000 can then pull the software down from there.

Have you actually added the IX5000 to CUCM?  If you haven't done CUCM based stuff before, it's entirely different to TANDBERG style provisioning...

Thanks Nick for your immediate response.

You are correct and I have just requested for a licence since I have done all CUCM related procedures.   I hope once I installed the licenses the upgrade process will begin.

To be honest,  enjoying every bit working with Cisco telepresence, they way they made, is very straight and simple.   Thanks to the R&D team.

Hi

My IX5000 doesn't get the software from the CUCM but it shows the status as REGISTERED.  FYI, i have reset the system to factory defaults (doesn;t make sense, becaz its new and just from factory without any upgrade).   Any idea/solution. ?? please.  

Regards

Sayed

Have you applied the device pack to CUCM and ran through the configuration steps in the guides above?

Thanks Pat.

Yes I did.  I just followed the document.  But don't know why the device is not getting from CUCM.  is there any manual way to do ?

Thanks Pat.

Yes I did.  I just followed the document.  But don't know why the device is not getting from CUCM.  is there any manual way to do ?

Thanks Pat.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer as to why it wouldn't get the new software, nor where to begin to look.  I don't have knowledge of CUCM, just what I've been able to provide using the documentation.  As this is a brand new system, you might want to see about opening a case with Cisco and see if they can help, or perhaps one of the more knowledgeable CUCM guys can chime in what to look for.

sayed.basha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pat,

My IX5000 doesn't get the software from the CUCM but it shows the status as REGISTERED.  FYI, i have reset the system to factory defaults (doesn;t make sense, becaz its new and just from factory without any upgrade).   Any idea/solution. ?? please.  

Regards

Sayed