cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to add a kernel module plugin to the VCS' iptables?

outlooker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Is it possible for a third-party to add a kernel module plugin to the VCS' iptables to protect the H.264 video with redudant packets? Can I use same version CentOS or Redhat's header files?

Thanks,

Hong-Quan Yue

https://www.facebook.com/groups/videoconferencing/
http://scopia.H323Meeting.com

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its multiple views, the technology part, the vcs is at least not red had based and I could picture

if you have  most likely different headers and libs it will not work.

If you find the right ones, not sure if there is any hardening done preventing it from loading anyhow.

Then there is the next part, if what you try to archive makes sense and if there would be other ways.

For a general setup it might be even negative as the remote endpoint might be confused it you

double all RTP packets. If you want to use it in between two VCSs you could also handle that by

a linux box upfront which is just doubling up the packets you need.

Anyhow the doubling up does not look so hard, but on the receiving site to device which

packet is the right one, for example would you only like to take the first one or do some

corruption test as well.

Besides that I would check out what your endpoints can do, look at clearpath, thats some redundancy

already in the RTP stream of the endpoint.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mahkrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, customising VCS application is not supported.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Its multiple views, the technology part, the vcs is at least not red had based and I could picture

if you have  most likely different headers and libs it will not work.

If you find the right ones, not sure if there is any hardening done preventing it from loading anyhow.

Then there is the next part, if what you try to archive makes sense and if there would be other ways.

For a general setup it might be even negative as the remote endpoint might be confused it you

double all RTP packets. If you want to use it in between two VCSs you could also handle that by

a linux box upfront which is just doubling up the packets you need.

Anyhow the doubling up does not look so hard, but on the receiving site to device which

packet is the right one, for example would you only like to take the first one or do some

corruption test as well.

Besides that I would check out what your endpoints can do, look at clearpath, thats some redundancy

already in the RTP stream of the endpoint.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify