cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for video with Multiway and without Conductor?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

In the Multiway deployment guide the procedure is shown to activate Multiway for Cisco Jabber for Video  endpoints by adjsuting the Jabber template on TMS (use with TMSPE) with the parameter: "Multiway Participant URI" = {username}.meet@<SIP domain>

The procedure is located in the Multiway deployment with Conductor.

So it is not clear if this procedure is also working when using Multiway without Conductor.

In addition I'm wondering where this settings is saved on the Jabber PC client. I searched the Registry and .user application folders but could not find it.

rgds, Geert.

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes and no.

The address need to exist and this might be your challange. With the conductor you

nicely have these addresses automatically generated attaching mcus to it.

Either you could deploy multiway the good old style and just use the mutiway

alias defined on your vcs, but then each time a conference gets escalated it

will get a new conference id.

The benefit with the named meet addresses is that it does not matter if you

meet up directly by dialing the address or getting joined in via the main

users multiway, it would go to the same virtual meeting room "owned" by that user.

You could try if you can "miss" use for example the office phone number field,

then pre configure virtual meeting rooms with these addresses. That might work

but no guarantee and also if it sometimes dont, dont expect Cisco support for it :-)

Anyhow why dont you check with your Cisco contact how the conductor could be fit in your enviroment.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the feedback.

Any ide where the multiway URI is saved on the Jabber PC client? I searched the Registry and .user application folders but could not find it.

rgds, Geert.

I will not rule out that it might be stored somewhere on the client during runtime

but that would not help you as this parameter is supplied on each provisioning request.

So the place where it is stored is the TMSPE.

The problem with TMSPE is that you can not have user based settings like you could with

the legacy opends provisioning mode. Thats the reason why I still run opends in our enviroment.

Here I can set a specific mutisite address for a specific user.

(though on the back side the old way does not support variables in that field). So either way you might

face trouble, ...

If you need a specific alias for a specific user you can create a new group just for this user and set

the mutliway address to what you want.

If you just want to provision the "Multiway Participant URI" you just enter the fixed address which

you defined under conference factory on the vcs.

The concept/idea of this guide should work for newer versions as well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Multiway_Deployment_Guide_X6.pdf

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify