cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Macros xapi and xcommands

jvv
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone explain to me why all the documentation I can find is written as xcommands that work in ssh but not in the javascript style that the macro's are written in? I would really like to have a list of methods and properties of the xapi library without having to translate from the xcommand list in the documentation that cisco provides. I've searched and searched but all I find are the ssh style reference guides. 

Also, I'm teaching myself from the ground up, sorry if the verbiage is slightly off. 

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The reason the documentation is that way is that historically the command line way has been the way things have been done, it's only more recently that the xapi has become available and is something that is starting to be utilised more.

Translating from the xCommand to XML isn't difficult to do, there is a second on how to do this in the API guide in the "Translating from terminal mode to XML" section (Page 52).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.