cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiparty Conferencing Quick Questions

philmartin79
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has requested 4 x MX300G2 units. They want to have multiparty conferences and due to the fact that they support multisite I have ordered the multisite option key for the units. The units will be registered to Cisco Call Manager and they have purchased the Expressway E + C for firewall traversal and interop. They do not have any other conferencing infrastructure apart from that.

I just have a few questions as to how this might work.

1. The units are described as being able to host 3+1, does this mean 3 internal devices (registered to cucm) plus 1 external?

2. If they want to host more than 4 units or a number of external clients, is WebEx CMR a good solution that can provide them with a virtual meeting room?

We are trying to keep this low cost and simple so dont want to be purchasing MCU's, Telepresence Servers, Conductors etc!

Many thanks

Phil

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
  1. The "3+1" you mention would be referring to three video participants (not including yourself) and one additional audio-only participant.
  2. If you have MultiSite licences on each of the MX300G2, then they can each make the "3+1" calls, so, if you cascaded the calling, you could have up to 10 endpoints in the one conference (although the layouts will be a bit ordinary), ie, if endpoint A dials all three other endpoints, B, C, and D, and each of B, C and D, dial out to two additional endpoints each, you'll have a conference with 10 participants (and you could add the four audio participants (one from each of the A, B, C and D endpoints) as well if you wanted to.
    Otherwise, you will need some form of video bridge, whether you use a MCU, TelePresence Server, WebEX Cloud, Pexip, Acano, hire a third party bridging server, etc, that'll all depend on your requirements and budget.

Note: Your question would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed than in the Video Over IP section you've posted in - I'd suggest, if the above hasn't answered your query, that you move your discussion over there.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Well Answered Wayne DeNardi..

Thanks for saying so [@vinod.gupta.wp1].  You may want to consider rating responses if you think they're worthwhile so others can more easily see which are helpful.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.