cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to create Search rules based on Source Endpoints/subzone - VCS

RAMEEZ RAHIM
Level 1
Level 1

I need to create search rules based on Source zone/Endpoints.

In short, i need to forward the calls from Endpoints of Region A to neighbor zoneA(CUCM-A) and Endpoints of Region B to neighbor zoneB(CUCM-B) and so on. This is for the calls to reach the regional CUCM's for the PSTN calls.

I dont find anything on the search rules to filter based on source zone.

Anyother way of acheiving this?

1.PNG1.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume your VCS is running with software X7.1 or prior version.

VCS support search rule with source zone/subzone configuration which introduced in X7.2 software release.

What you are looking for can be archive and configure by using CPL, but also possible to managed by search rule configuration once you upgrade your VCS to X7.2 release.

Search rule (while VCS run with X7.2), there is “Source” parameter. Once this change to “Name” (from drop list), you may select any specific zone or subzone that configured on your VCS.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rameez,

I am not certain if it will help you but I am thinking you may need to look at using a Call Policy. The basic call policy won't do the trick and you may need to dig into CPL and buid a custom policy script. I have not messed with CPL so I can't give you exact syntax but it appears the proxy and taa:location nodes may provide some possible use. I am guessing you can trigger on source alias in some way, use the proxy/taa:location to stick in a prefix of some sort (thus changing the alias).

If the CPL works the way I think it does then your search rules can catch a special alias prefix and then handle the rest of the work.

When a call policy changes an alias then transforms are re-evaluated, so keep that in mind.

Again, I haven't tested this but it is one option that comes to mind. Another could be some "directory" gatekeeper type function.

-Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Yes, this should be possible with a CallPolicyServer or a CPL.

On a CPL you could eithe try to match on regex of the source alias or you could

define local subszones and than match on them.

There are some postings here as well which might help you:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2090814

Besides that check the admin guide and the cpl example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume your VCS is running with software X7.1 or prior version.

VCS support search rule with source zone/subzone configuration which introduced in X7.2 software release.

What you are looking for can be archive and configure by using CPL, but also possible to managed by search rule configuration once you upgrade your VCS to X7.2 release.

Search rule (while VCS run with X7.2), there is “Source” parameter. Once this change to “Name” (from drop list), you may select any specific zone or subzone that configured on your VCS.

Hi Tom,

I upgraded my LAB VCS to 7.2 - got it working.

Thank you.

Great to hear new search rule configuration works for you and thanks for sharing your result which will help other who may looking for same solution.